All students Kindergarten to Year 6 are the school leaders. A process is in place for electing team leaders. Significant school leadership roles for students:
Students who aspire to, and accept, the role of School, Vice-Captain, Colour Captains and Student Representative Council Leaders must have a clear understanding of the role and the responsibilities associated with the position.
The School Leadership Program exists to encourage commitment, service, leadership by example, reading out to others within our school, and in the parish and broader community, and to provide further leadership development.
It is an expectation that leaders:
- demonstrate empathy for others and has a strong moral conscience
- enjoy school service and show initiative
- relate well to other students
- are responsible, organised and reliable.
Student Leadership Code
The Code outlines the responsibilities pertaining to all roles. The responsibilities are:
- to respect the school’s rules
- to be a positive role model for all students
- to show respect to all members of the school community
- to wear the school uniform appropriately and proudly
- to assist students, staff and parents through the diligent and courteous performance of duties associated with the role
- to initiate ideas and action deeds to grow and enrich the school community.